Can you explain the Call Control settings screen?
Call Control Settings can be accessed from the main screen and let you customize the application. Below is a brief explanation of each setting:
- Enable Call Control - Call Control runs automatically in the background. If you want to disable the application, uncheck this setting.
- Start Upon Phone Reboot - Call Control starts in the background automatically when your phone restarts.
- Hide blocked calls from the Call log - blocked calls will be automatically removed from the standard android call log to keep it clean from spam calls. Remember that you can still see a list of blocked calls and texts in the Blocked Log in Call Control.
- Online Backup of Black/White Lists - you have the option to backup your Black/White list data online at EveryCaller.com in case your phone is lost or stolen.
- Privacy Mode is a special blocking mode which helps you set up your phone's availability to four different options depending on which calls you want to receive: Contacts only, Whitelist only, Contacts and Whitelist, Block All.
- Send blocked call to voice mail - Blocked callers are sent into your voicemail.
- Pickup and Hangup blocked calls - Instead of sending calls to voicemail (default), Call Control will answer the phone and immediately hang up on the caller after a second of airtime.
- Mute calls - Calls aren’t blocked per say, but your ringer is muted and a warning banner reminds you not to answer the call. This is the only option available for some LG model phones due to limitations placed on the phone by LG.
- Remove Partial Ring (Experimental) - Some Android devices ring or beep when an incoming call is being blocked. If this is happening on your phone, enabling this option may help.
- Black List Extras - Block calls and text messages by category.
- Block Private and Unknown calls - Callers with restricted, blocked or private caller ID will be blocked.
- Block Fake Caller/Sender ID - Block phone numbers we believe are fake, i.e. too short or incomplete, fake country code, and other bogus numbers like 123-456-7890.
- Block Non-Numeric Sender ID - Block messages with text as the sender address instead of numbers. Often these messages are spammy.
- Block Toll Free Numbers - Block calls from toll free area codes like 800, 866, 855, 888, 877.
- Report calls blocked by Community Blacklist - This option when enabled helps us determine the activity of spam callers by sending an anonymous report to EveryCaller.com when a call is blocked by the Community Blacklist.
- Disable Community Blacklist - Call Control will not block calls from Community Blacklist numbers, but only from your personal Black List.
- Hide Notification Icon - Show/Hide the Call Control icon in notification bar.
- Hide Blocked Calls/SMS Icon - Show/Hide a notification when a call or text message is blocked.
Service and Diagnostics
- Keep Contacts Synced - Enable this feature to ensure that your contacts are constantly synchronized and whitelisted - some devices require this option to be enabled.
- Report Force Close Events Automatically - If you encounter Force Close condition (we hope you don’t) a report will be sent to us so we can quickly fix the problem. Cool huh?
- LG mode to send blocked call to voice mail - Enable this option if you have an LG phone to send blocked calls to voicemail. This may not work on all LG devices but it is known to work on many.